How to make the Whole Lemon Drink for fertility and health boost? The Whole Lemon Drink is a recipe that was shared with me by my esteemed colleague and author, Peter De Ruyter. I have used it for various areas of health with excellent results (including, but not limited only to, digestion and digestive system function). And while any form of self-prescription of supplements should be avoided, the whole lemon drink is something you can start incorporating into your daily regimen right now that delivers incredible health results for fertility and beyond.
It is a simple healthy drink and it tastes great. For improved health and digestion, all you have to do is drink it twice daily.
The Whole Lemon Drink is ideal for:
It is safe to consume if pregnant or doing IVF, as well as throughout natural conception attempts (during the entire month).
If you are allergic to citrus, then avoid the drink. If you do not like any of the single ingredients in the mix–at least try it–as you may be surprised by the combination as a whole, which in my opinion, creates a very palatable beverage.
Some of the benefits of the Whole Lemon Drink (observed in over 20 years of clinical practice):
One amazing brew – cheap, simple, safe, and effective! Now, on to the recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Making Time: 2 minutes
Makes: 2 serves - enough for 1 person for 1 day
1. Wash and scrub the lemon to remove any wax or residues.
2. Cut the lemon into small pieces put it in the blender (leave the skin on).
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the blender.
4. Blend 20 seconds to 2 minutes (depending on the strength of your blender). The longer you blend, the smoother it becomes.
5. Optional: strain and discard the pulp (or add it to smoothies if you wish). You only need to do this if you blend for under two minutes—see frequently asked questions
How to consume the Whole Lemon Drink?
- The fish oil needs to have a ratio as close as possible to 2:1 of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) to eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA).
- You can purchase coconut butter, or it is very easy to make your own.
- Use only egg or sunflower-based lecithin – DO NOT use soy/soya-based lecithin.
- Store the remainder in a clean glass container in the fridge. Ideally, the glass container should be as full of the drink as possible to decrease the amount of air, which speeds up oxidation.
- Always consume the total amount within 24 hours to prevent rancidity and too much oxidation.
This food-based, therapeutic blend helps to improve immunological and overall health and gets you started on boosting liver health. The liver is a vital organ responsible for over 500 bodily activities, including cleansing, creating hormonal balance, manufacturing new cellular building blocks, and much more.
All of these things eventually translate into healthier eggs, sperm, and baby. Enjoy this ultimate fertility mocktail every day. Enjoy it with your partner, and enjoy all its benefits for your body’s optimum health and functioning!
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- The whole lemon drink should be drunk twice a day every day for the foreseeable future.
- You can drink the pulp.
- No. Like with any therapeutic intervention you want to ensure the body is reminded in regular intervals of what is required. In this case it prompts liver cleansing and therefore doing it a couple of time a day enhances liver function which optimizes overall health and fertility.
- If it is organic ginger just give it a scrub if not yes peel the ginger.
- Yes, granules or powder is fine.
- Some health food and organic shops stock sunflower lecithin but not all, if you cannot find it in a store you can order it from the clinic. Please email us to find out how.
- It is best to use fresh ginger.
- Unless you are allergic to one of the ingredients please give the whole lemon drink as stated in the recipe a go you may find that the combination together is tolerable and dare I say even enjoyable.
- No this is not true ginger is fine to consume at all stages of your cycle and pregnancy.
- This shouldn’t be a real problem as the other ingredients in the lemon drink help balance out the acidity but if concerned you can drink through a straw and rinse your mouth with filtered water after consuming and wait a while before brushing your teeth.
- Let it warm up a bit on the bench before shaking and consuming.
Why settle for an unexplained diagnosis?
Our results have been validated and presented in scientific forums such as Harvard University and The British Fertility Society.